About this site

For the past year, I've been the author of From the archives, a blog about local history on the Web site of The Intelligencer, a Doylestown newspaper that's been published continuously for over 200 years. Although I try to update that blog every day, other duties at the paper (I'm their librarian) often take precedence.

I missed being able to write about Bucks County on whim, so I set up this site independently.

I hope, in time, that BucksCountyHistory.org will become a valuable online archive of facts and personal recollections about the county. I grew up here. I love it intensely and believe that, while Bucks County's physical historical archives are very strong, its online electronic resources could use some bolstering.

If I work hard, and listen harder, I think that this site could become an asset to present and future generations curious about the fascinating stories our county has to offer.


Rayna Polsky was born and raised in New Britain Borough, in a sweet little house across the street from the New Britain Baptist Church cemetery. 

In her spare time Ms. Polsky takes lots of notes and asks too many questions. She lives in Carversville.

3 comments:

  1. Rayna, I don't think we know each other but we have a few friends in common. I just randomly found your blog, and I have to say I am secretly obsessed with Bucks County history and googling it constantly to see what I can find, so...this is my new favorite blog. Yay!

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Thanks, Sweetie! I think you're my first fan ever. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. the girl in the picture...she's pretty.

    just thought i'd throw it out there.

    ReplyDelete