Pretty photo, random beauty

I love this photo. I was going to clean it up in Photoshop but decided it was perfect.

This was one of the postcards we used when The Intelligencer put out its Postcards from Bucks County book last year. Here's the caption:
Henry Sommer's cigar factory, at Juniper and Tenth streets in Quakertown, was one of the cigar manufacturers that flourished in Quakertown before World War I. This postcard shows the factory ruins after a fire.

Here's an aerial as it is today (no street view, sorry). I guess it's the building on the lower left. Ooo, and look ... a cemetery! Maybe I'll make a visit.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome photo. Any idea why there are wooden Xs in the bay windows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenny,

    No clue! Maybe they ran out of plywood.

    ;)
    Rayna

    ReplyDelete