Let's identify this mystery house

 I bought a large cabinet card recently at Factory Antiques in Silverdale that has my curiosity all riled up. It looks like this:


The only writing on the card says "1900," which I assume is the year it was taken, though who knows. Here's what we I know (as a largely under-educated person when it comes to architectural history):

  1. It was bought in Bucks County so there's a chance it could have been taken there.
  2. The structure was a 2½ storey, four bay stone house.
  3. Something about narrow 4/4 window sashes.
  4. It was directly behind and beside a graveyard.
  5. On the other side of the graveyard was a church.
  6. Behind the church was another building that also looks kind of churchy.

Alright, friends, that's all I've got. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. The other building behind the house on the left might be a school house. I see dressed up kids.

    ReplyDelete